Happy New Year! I had very much hoped to have the 2nd issue of Kingfisher in the mail by now, but it seems that this has been a very, very busy season for printers. As a result, I still have not received copies of the new issue. But it should be soon, next week with any luck. I’ll post an announcement when the copies start shipping. Thank you all for your patience. I hope that 2021 is already looking brighter than 2020.
The next submission window opens on February 1! In the meantime, here’s a list of some wonderful journals that are open for submissions in January. Check them out!
- Acorn https://acornhaiku.com/submissions/
- Mariposa (for members of the Haiku Poets of Northern California) https://www.hpnc.org/mariposa
- Presence https://haikupresence.org/submit/
- Akitsu Quarterly http://www.wildgraces.com/Akitsu-Quarterly.html
- Prune Juice https://prunejuice.wordpress.com/submissions/
- Bones http://www.bonesjournal.com/submission.html
- Hedgerow https://hedgerowhaiku.com/submissions/
- failed haiku https://failedhaiku.com/submissions-guidelines/
- Heliosparrow https://heliosparrow.com/submissions/
- is/let https://isletpoetry.wordpress.com/submissions/
Happy New Year
as the saying goes, dear Tanya: “all in good time!”looking forward to when it does arrive…may 2021 be a wonderful year for you and your new journal.write on!Mimi Ahern